Chocolate Chip Maca Cookies (Vegan, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free)

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Two weeks ago when I went to visit my recent favorite plant-based eatery, Home Eat To Live, in Central. You guys should definitely pay a visit if you come to Hong Kong or you are already based in HK :P I bumped into one of the amazing girls Sonalie behind the Green Queen (aka Hong Kong's #1 Healthy Living Guide). I have been admiring this girl for sooooo long and finally got a chance to meet her in person. I couldn't find a word to describe my feeling. And the best thing is, we became friends afterwards, she introduced me to her sister Tracy and they are just like my long-lost soul sisters! She even invited me to her office for a delicious homey Indian lunch coz she made THE BEST DAHL ever! In exchange for the yummy dahl, I whipped up this batch of Chocolate Chip Maca cookies as a gift for their kindness. I used my favorite chocolate Raiz The Bar and maca powder from my favorite superfood brand Organic Burst.

This recipe is adapted from Panacea’s Pantry :)



Wet Ingredients:

1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup coconut nectar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 mashed banana
60ml unsweetened almond mylk
1/2 tsp vanilla


Dry Ingredients:

1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp Organic Burst Maca
3 Tbsp drinking chocolate
1/4 tsp salt
60g dairy-free dark chocolate, roughly chopped into chunks (I used Raiz The Bar)




Direction:



  1. Preheat your oven to 175°C 
  2. Combine your wet ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix until everything combined together
  3. Combine your dry ingredients in a separate bowl (except the chocolate). 
  4. Slowly stir your dry ingredients into your wet mixture, making sure that your two mixtures combine completely, then add in your chocolate chunks.
  5. On a grease proof piece of paper spoon out 15 cookies, or as many to make your desired sized cookie. Cook for roughly 17 minutes.

The dahl I had is definitely the best one I've ever tried in my life :P 
It is served with some sautéed spinach and brown rice and they just match each other perfectly!


Look at how LOVELY her puppy is!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *