How to Make a Perfect Acai Bowl (Raw, Vegan, GF, Sugar-free)

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Acai bowl has long been my favorite food on earth! I can eat it everyday, for every meal. And I'm addicted to Acai bowl to the extent that I might accept someone's proposal if he brings an acai bowl to me instead of a ring. Haha! This is my kind of comfort food as it tastes SO GOOD! For those who have a sweet tooth and found it hard to stop the crave for those unhealthy sugary desserts, try making this at home and you will never need any unhealthy dessert in your life. This acai bowl is infused with superfood such as chia seeds, goji berries, lucuma and of course acai powder. You can also add a handful of baby spinach if you wish to make it even healthier.

I have updated this recipe as I found that adding lucuma (I bought some fresh ones in the market and freeze it the night before, but you can use lucuma powder if you can't find the fresh ones) makes this bowl 10 times better, although the original recipe is already pretty good :P



Ingredients:

Basic:

1 Tbsp acai powder (from Organic Burst)
1/2 cup almond milk (or coconut yogurt for a creamier texture)
1/2 cup frozen banana
1 frozen ripe persimmon
1 cup frozen berries


Optional but highly recommended!

1 Tbsp raw protein powder (I used the one from Amazonia)
1 frozen lucumua (or 1 Tbsp lucuma powder)
1 Tbsp goji berries
1 Tbsp chia seeds


Directions:

  1. Place everything into a high-speed blender (I used Vitamix) and blend until smooth
  2. Top with your choice of toppings and devour (alone or share with friends :P)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *